The Big Show
The first and only time that The Who have visited Australia was in
1968 when they appeared alongside Paul Jones and The Small Faces in a
series of concerts billed as "The Big Show".
The tour schedule is shown below. Note that there were two shows
performed each night, one at 6:00pm and one at 8:45pm.
- Saturday 20 January - Festival Hall, Brisbane
- Monday 22 January - Sydney Stadium, Sydney
- Tuesday 23 January - Sydney Stadium, Sydney
- Thursday 25 January - Festival Hall, Melbourne
- Friday 26 January - Festival Hall, Melbourne
- Saturday 27 January - Centennial Hall, Adelaide
- Monday 29 January - Town Hall, Auckland
- Wednesday 31 January - Town Hall, Wellington
Read the recollections of people
who were there!
Check out more pictures from the
Check back soon as I will be adding news reports from the period
including details of the controversial plane incident as well as
further recollections from people who saw the concerts.
Return to The Who in Australia
The Who in Australia | Feedback (note new address in anti-spam format) to: australia AT thewho DOT net
| Last updated
2 April 2004