The Hypertext Who  
Overature
This site is a public resource celebrating The Who. It is not sponsored or formally affiliated in any other way with The Who or the band's members, management or other representatives. In accordance with laws regarding copyright and other forms of intellectual property, material excerpted and posted on this site is strictly for nonprofit research, scholarship & commentary about The Who, its members and their activities.

I'm One

Success Story

Guitar and Pen

Goin' Mobile

My Generation
Article Archive
Bibliography
Who Associates

See Me, Feel Me

Join Together
Odds & Sods
Chat Room

The Seeker

A Legal Matter
A Word about Copyrights
Privacy Policy

Bargain
The Who Official Merchandise

Pro News › Sections

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band.

-- John Entwistle
MTV Week In Rock 1989

CategoryArticles
Do You Think it's Alright?
Site Updates Site Updates
Webmasters at thewho.net and affliated sites will post news here.

Out in the Street
Who Apperances Who Apperances
Where we'll post information about shows or other appearances from members of The WHo

The Kids are Alright
One day like today...
Mono mixes of "Jaguar" and "Rael" are prepared for the upcoming album. It is at this point that the "Part 2" section of "Rael is chopped off, not to return until the 1994 30 Years of Maximum R&B boxset.

Decca/MCA's own Who oldies collection Magic Bus - The Who On Tour hits the U.S. charts. The album gets bad marks in the Underground press for a title that could mislead buyers into thinking it was a live album (read Rolling Stone magazine's review for an example). Despite, or perhaps because of the confusion, the album reaches #39 on the Billboard charts making it The Who's first Top Forty album in the U.S. The LP also features a rare, excellent stereo mix of "Magic Bus" along with a wonderfully garish psychedelic cover.

The classical music reviewer for The New York Times, Clive Barnes, discusses The Who and rock operas in an article. Barnes, who attended one of the recent Fillmore East shows, says the band played their music too loud but, nevertheless, dubs Tommy "an enormous success" and predicts that a new kind of opera could arise from it. That night The Who perform at the Syria Mosque in Pittsburgh. The James Gang is the supporting act. After this night, The Who split up for separate vacations in the U.S. Pete flies down to Florida with roadie "Wiggy" Wolff to spend the time at his old friend Tom Wright's father's farm. One night "at three in the morning drunk out of my brain" Pete writes The Who's next single "The Seeker."",

The Who play in Stoke

The massive Quadrophenia double album is released in the U.K. However the initial run sells out quickly and, due to a shortage of vinyl caused by the OPEC oil embargo, additional copies are not pressed for another week and a half. Also on this day part two of Pete's interview about Quadrophenia is broadcast on Rockspeak.

The Who perform at Wembley Arena in London. Roger's voice gives out toward the end and he is forced to leave the stage. Pete wraps it up singing "Behind Blue Eyes" and "Won't Get Fooled Again" all on his lonesome.

Two Rooms, The Elton John-Bernie Taupin tribute album featuring The Who's last studio recording to date, "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting," enters the U.K. charts. It reaches #21.

The Who play in Las Vegas

I Can See For Miles

Who Are You

Welcome Anonymous

Membership:
Latest: kenpark
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 845

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 66
Bots: 2
Total: 68
Who Is Where:
 Visitors:
01: Photo Gallery
02: WeblinksPro
03: WeblinksPro
04: Home
05: WeblinksPro
06: Home
07: Home
08: Discography
09: Pro News
10: WeblinksPro
11: Home
12: My Account
13: WeblinksPro
14: Content
15: Home
16: Home
17: Discography
18: Home
19: Home
20: OurContent
21: Home
22: WeblinksPro
23: Home
24: Home
25: Home
26: Home
27: WeblinksPro
28: WeblinksPro
29: Pro News
30: Home
31: Pro News
32: Photo Gallery
33: Home
34: Home
35: Search
36: Photo Gallery
37: Home
38: Home
39: Home
40: Pro News
41: Home
42: OurContent
43: WeblinksPro
44: WeblinksPro
45: Photo Gallery
46: Home
47: Photo Gallery
48: WeblinksPro
49: OurContent
50: OurContent
51: Home
52: Home
53: Pro News
54: Home
55: Home
56: Pro News
57: Content
58: OurContent
59: WeblinksPro
60: Home
61: Pro News
62: WeblinksPro
63: Home
64: Home
65: Home
66: WeblinksPro
 Bots:
01: Yahoo > WeblinksPro
02: Google > WeblinksPro

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

How Many Friends
Due Date: Oct 31
October Goal: 50.00
Gross Amount: 0.00
PayPal Fees: 0.00
Net Balance: 0.00
Below Goal: 50.00
Site Currency: USD
 0%

Magic Bus

The logos and trademarks used on this site are the property of their respective owners
We are not responsible for comments posted by our users, as they are the property of the poster

Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy