Welcome to Whotabs
Welcome to Whotabs. Whotabs is dedicated to exploring the music of The Who and its members’ solo careers. Within this site you’ll find over 500 transcriptions for guitar, bass and drums, including guitar transcriptions for most every song released by The Who since 1964. Some are full tablature, others basic chord charts. All are faithful interpretations intended to preserve and celebrate the musical legacy of The Who.
Also featured on Whotabs is Who Gear – The Who’s musical instruments & equipment, presenting work-in-progress references to the genre-defining musical instruments and gear the group employed (and destroyed) throughout their careers. Includes detailed analyis of the group’s guitars, bass guitars, drums, amplifiers, PA systems, and more.
Latest Site Updates
19th May 2016
Updates made since 1 March 2016.
Site and information updates
- John’s gear:
- John’s Bass Gear – 1974–1985 ~Updated: Added use of Alembic V bass, as used on Top of the Pops, 1981, h/t Ian. 19 May 2016
- Keith’s drums:
- Keith’s Endorsements and Signature Series ~Updated: Added Vic Firth Keith Moon Signature Sticks, thanks to Stuart Ritchie. 19 May 2016
- Pete’s gear:
- Pete’s WEM/Watkins Fifth Man Project IV guitar ~New: Added this guitar used April 1967 at Brighton Festival, thanks to Max the Mod. 19 May 2016
- Pete’s Guitar Gear History timeline ~Updated: added Watkins Fifth Man to timeline, thanks to Max the Mod. 19 May 2016
- Pete’s Smashed Guitars ~Updated: added photo of fragment of guitar from 11 June, 1974, at Madison Square Garden, NYC, thanks to Rick W. 19 May 2016
- Pete’s Schecter/Giffin Telecasters ~Updated: Added photos from 1979/1980, with special thanks to Phillip Perron for sharing entire series of photos. 19 May 2016
- Pete’s Gibson Les Paul Deluxes ~Updated: Added photos from 1979, with special thanks to Phillip Perron for sharing entire series of photos. 19 May 2016
- Pete’s Sunn Amps ~Updated: added photo from 1967, Detroit, Michigan, thanks to Bob Elliott. 19 May 2016
- Pete’s Gibson ES-335 ~Updated: added photo from 1967, Detroit, Michigan, thanks to Bob Elliott. 19 May 2016
- Pete’s Guitar Strings ~Updated: Added recent Ernie Ball sets in use on the Who Hits 50 tour. 19 May 2016
- Pete’s Endorsements and Signature Series ~Updated: Added recent endorsement of Ernie Ball strings. 19 May 2016
- PA/Stage Lighting:
- The Who’s Stage Lighting ~Updated: Added photos of lighting setup and laser use from Colmar, France, 22 May 1976, thanks to “A French Fan.”. 19 May 2016