Welcome to Whotabs
Welcome to Whotabs. Whotabs is dedicated to exploring the music of The Who and its members’ solo careers. Within this site you’ll find over 500 transcriptions for guitar, bass and drums, including guitar transcriptions for most every song released by The Who since 1964. Some are full tablature, others basic chord charts. All are faithful interpretations intended to preserve and celebrate the musical legacy of The Who.
Also featured on Whotabs is Who Gear – The Who’s musical instruments & equipment, presenting work-in-progress references to the genre-defining musical instruments and gear the group employed (and destroyed) throughout their careers. Includes detailed analyis of the group’s guitars, bass guitars, drums, amplifiers, PA systems, and more.
Latest Site Updates
9th October 2015
Updates made since 19 May 2015.
Whotabs site is restored!
Due to a server crash, thewho.net had gone down, including the entire Whotabs site. Sincere thanks to our webmaster for getting the site rebuilt. As of 1 Aug. 2015, the site is fully restored. TheWho.net and Whotabs sincerely apologise for the downtime, and thank you for your continued readership, enthusiasm and contributions.
- Bass Guitar
- Pete’s Solo Discography ~Update: Added new solo best-of album, Truancy. 29 May 2015
Site and information updates
- Pete’s gear:
- Pete’s Smashed Guitars ~Updated: added entry for 17 July, 1968, at Autostade, Montreal, Quebec, thanks to Gerry C. 9 Oct. 2015
- Pete’s Guitar Gear History timeline ~Updated: expanded 2014/15 info, plus strings info, thanks to Kenny F. 18 Sept. 2015
- Pete’s No. 7 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe ~Sale news: Added information about a Townshend guitar for sale, thanks to Kris Waterman. 12 Sept. 2015
- Pete’s Schecter/Giffin guitars ~Sale news: Added information about a reported Townshend guitar, thanks to Marc F. 1 Aug. 2015