Welcome to Whotabs
Welcome to Whotabs. Whotabs is dedicated to exploring the music of The Who and its members’ solo careers. Within this site you’ll find over 450 transcriptions for guitar, bass and drums, including guitar transcriptions for most every song released by The Who since 1964. Some are full tablature, others basic chord charts. All are faithful interpretations intended to preserve and celebrate the musical legacy of The Who.
A growing presence on Whotabs is the Equipment section, presenting work-in-progress references to the genre-defining musical instruments and gear the group employed (and destroyed) throughout their careers.
Latest Site Updates
- Keith’s Premier Natural single-bass drum kit (1978) ~Update: added photo and whereabouts of remainder of this kit, thanks and courtesy Rock Stars Guitars. 19 Nov. 2013
- Keith’s Drums – Miscellaneous – Cymbals ~Update: added photo of Keith’s “favourite” Paiste flat ride cymbal, thanks and courtesy Rock Stars Guitars. 19 Nov. 2013
- Keith’s Drums – Miscellaneous – Drumsticks ~Update: added photo of Keith’s last-ever used pair of sticks, Premier “C” size sticks from 30 Aug. 1978, for his final recording session, thanks and courtesy Rock Stars Guitars. 19 Nov. 2013
9th October 2013
Updates made since 19 May 2013.
- Compilations: Tommy – Super Deluxe Edition ~ Update: Added upcoming Tommy box set. 9 Oct. 2013
Site and information updates
- John’s gear:
- John’s gear: 1971–1974 ~Update: Added more info and photos of Peter Cook-built custom “The Axe” bass guitar, courtesy Bruce K. 9 Oct. 2013
- Keith’s drumkits
- Keith’s “Pictures of Lily” kit ~Update: added photos of newly acquired 16x18 floor tom of whocollection.com, thanks to Brad Rodgers. 9 Oct. 2013
- Keith’s Borrowed Kits: Premier kit – 19 June 1965, Uxbridge, ~Update: Added this unknown Premier kit, used 19 June 1965, Uxbridge Blues and Folk Festival, courtesy SoundCityChris. 9 Oct. 2013
- Keith’s Borrowed Kits: December 1965 – Dave Clark Five Red Sparkle English Rogers kit, Ready Steady Go! ~Update: Added link to Dave Clark’s English Rogers drumkit site for more information and whereabouts of this kit. 12 Sept. 2013
- Pete’s gear:
- Sound City amplifiers ~Update: Removed incorrect photo from page h/t to Brian H. Cleaned up page to more clearly delineate progression from Sound City to Hiwatt. 9 Oct. 2013
- Smashed guitars ~Revision: Various updates, including 2 Aug. 1971 (Jeff Stein); 22 Nov./4 Dec. 1973 (Joe Barnes); 4 Aug. 1968 (Spike)). 9 Oct. 2013
- Fender Telecaster guitars ~Revision: Added photo from July 1966 of front view of mystery neck, courtesy SoundCityChris. 9 Oct. 2013