You are here:
Whotabs site design history
A gallery of past Whotabs site homepage designs, starting from the original design in 1997 to all the site designs throughout Whotabs’s history. (P.S. If you’ve got a screen capture of the original Who Guitar Page (at www.schoolsucks.com/thewho/) from 1995–1996, please let us know.
Click to view larger versions
Specific design updates
A list of site design-related updates made to Whotabs. For all site and content updates, see the Site Update History.
11 January 2012 – Site fixes
- Minor site overhaul: cleaning up the HTML code (for HTML5 compliance) and improved all-browser support.
19th May 2010 – Site reorganisation
- All pages have new, cleaner URLs, though all old links will be automatically redirected, and old bookmarks will continue to work.
- New, more logically organised directory structure, “gear,” “tablature” and “resources” directories.
- Tab files display in a more friendly format.
- General page cleanup, broken links fixed, and typos corrected.
- PA pages divided into eras.
- Other new pages added.
- Updated page layout, but still with layout options.
28 January 2008 – Site reorganisation
- Site overhaul: major site cleanup, including: correcting typos, fixing layouts and rearranging some pages, fixing broken and out-of-date links, cleaning up the HTML code (for XHTML 1.0 Strict compliance) and improved all-browser support.
11th December 2006 – Site returns
11 December 2006
To Whotabs’ faithful fans:
Thank you all for your support and encouragement during Whotabs’ downtime. When thewho.net crashed this summer, wiping out all data, I was in the unfortunate position of having my local file archives spread across three computers (believe me, I won’t do that again…). A subsequent move of my residence meant I had to wait to get the old PC that had the most archive files reconnected and everything sorted out amongst the three collections.
With the new album out and Whotabs’ fans’ interest continuing apace, I have finally over the last week gotten everything together and re-uploaded to the site.
Whotabs has been going since 1997, and there’s a lot of info and images amassed in these pages (with many thanks due to all who contribute). But because of its large size, and the fact that my archive files weren’t all in the same place, there may be some rough spots around the site, especially with images in the Gear sections.
So if you happen across any broken links or pages that look a bit off, please complete the feedback form and I’ll try to address them as soon as possible. Further, if you have submitted tab files or gear updates since June, I would request that you resubmit them to me also via the feedback form.
Again, many thanks to all for your support, readership and contributions.
14th February 2005 – Full Site Redesign
- Full site overhaul, for cleaner code and better organization.
- New global menu, for consistent navigation throughout the site.
- New style and layout (plus alternate page styles for modern browsers).
- New RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feed for syndicating site updates.
27th August 2004 – Minor site redesign
Minor site and navigation redesign and code updates, including a revised site map
28th December 2003 – Site minor reorganisation and restructuring
- Whotabs becomes XHTML 1.0 Transitional-compliant and backwards-compatible with all Web browsers.
- Includes page and navigation redesigns
29th September 2001 – Site redesign, new logo
Whotabs redesigned! ~ complete redesign of entire site. Includes new indexes, a new site map, and most importantly, a new Whotabs logo by Stoo!
29th June 1997 – Site launch
29 June 1997 21:59:56 +0100
Whotabs, the definitive online tablature resource, goes live!